The Govt. of Himachal Pradesh has introduced Choice Based Credit System under the Rashtriya Uchhatar Shiksha Abhiyan from the academic session 2013-2014. These regulations have been called the HPU Regulations for CBCS and Continuous Assessment Grading Pattern (CAGP) for UG Programmes. Under these regulations the annual system has been converted into semester system and credit system has also been introduced.
Eligibility for Admission in T.D.C. 1st Semester
A pass in the Senior Secondary (+2) Examination (Academic Stream) conducted by the H.P Board of School Education (or in case of Shashtri, pass in Prak Shashtri from Sanskrit Colleges affiliated to the HPU) or an examination accepted as equivalent thereto by the various bodies of the H.P. University.
a. Provided that the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with science stream shall be given preference in admission to B.Sc. programme.
b. Provided that the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with commerce stream shall be given preference in admission to B.Com. programme.
Choosing Program Study Courses:
1. At the time of admission each student will identify a major (main) subject in which he/she will concentrate and two minor (allied) subjects which he/she would choose to study.
2. Major would be the subject in which the student will have to take core courses (hard and soft core and / or elective) prescribed by the concerned UG Board of Studies and the Faculty.
3. Major once identified would not be changed unless the student quits a programme and joins a new programme.
4. Minor, on the other hand, would be the subjects that would be chosen by the student out of a number of subject combinations (at least two subjects in each subject combination) suggested and approved by the UG BoS and Faculty of a student’s major subject and available in the college/institution in which student applies for admission.
5. In these subjects the student will be required to accumulate a certain minimum number of credits in order to qualify for the UG degree.
B.Com. (Commerce) Commerce
The following minor subject combinations will be allowed with different major subjects in B.Com.Programme:
2. One of the Science or Social Science subjects.