The National Service Scheme (NSS) was formally launched on 24th September, 1969, the birth centenary year of the father of the nation. Hence the idea of involving students in the task of national service dates back to the times of Mahatma Gandhi who tried to impress upon his student audience that they should always keep before them their supreme responsibility. The first duty of the students should be to prepare themselves for final dedication to the service of the community. It (Scheme) is also essential for the overall development of the personality of the students.
NSS is a very important part of the activities of any educational institute. It helps in developing the spirit of service of the community. The college has one unit of NSS volunteers. The unit has total 100 students in it. The volunteer have been actively engaged in campus beautification and cleanliness and other services of the community.
- (1) Blood Donation Camp at District Hospital R/Peo 2/10/2014
- (2) Voter Awairness rally 17/4/2014
- (3)Tree Plantation Camp Near Girls Hostel 24/3/2015
- (4)Camp for uprooting canabis Near College Campus 11/8/2015
- (5)Camp for disposing garbage's 22/8/2015
- (6)Tree plantation camp near petrol pump at R/Peo 1/2/2016
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
- To understand the community in which they work.
- To understand themselves in relation to their community.
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.